There aren't many businesses which haven't yet found their way to Instagram, and it isn't difficult to see why.
Instagram gives brands the opportunity to capture their target audience with good-quality visuals and a simple mobile-friendly interface. What more could you want?
Stories, of course! When Instagram introduced its popular Stories function, social media users and businesses alike took to the site to experiment with temporary photo and video sharing. With 400 million daily users1, it's more important than ever to make sure you're using Stories to your advantage.
Here we share 5 simple ways to increase follower engagement and traction to your page using Instagram Stories:
- "New post up now!" - One of the easiest ways to use Instagram Stories is to direct your followers towards the latest post on your newsfeed. Simply displaying a screenshot of the post with a sticker or text blocking the main features could be enough to pique the curiosity of your followers. Whether you’re an ice cream parlour advertising a new flavour or a hairdresser showing off your latest look, using Stories to tease your followers is a fun, effective way to direct traffic to your profile.
- "Swipe up to enter our latest competition!" - Instagram is a fantastic platform to announce your company’s latest news, competition or exclusive discounts with bite-sized pieces of information and simple call to actions (CTAs). Using Stories to reveal this information will also encourage your followers to pay more attention to what you post and give them a reason to check your latest updates.
- Experiment with new features - It seems like every other day that Instagram surprises us with new features, so don’t be afraid to make the most of them! Get creative with stickers, gifs, fonts, location pins and, our personal favourite, Boomerang. Creating polls and hosting informal Q&As with the latest "Ask me a question2 feature can encourage follower engagement and give you a chance to hear your customers' feedback - bonus!
- Go behind the scenes - Admit it, we're all a little nosey when it comes to seeing what our favourite brands and social media influencers are up to behind the scenes. Giving your followers a sneak peek of your day-to-day work life is a great way to create a personable brand identity and increase business/customer transparency. How about giving a short tour of your office, or taking some candid snaps of your employees enjoying their day?
- Go live! - Although "going live" can seem a little daunting, you don't need to be scared of real-time sharing. In 2018, a perfectly formulated social media strategy isn’t enough by itself. It’s also important to appear genuine and create a positive relationship with your target audience through relevant, engaging, and authentic content. Using live video to record a new product launch or even silly office antics is a good way to promote your business without appearing too "salesy".
Do you think you’re ready to tackle Instagram Stories? We're here to help! Get in touch with Bigg today to see how our team of social media experts could make Instagram work for your business.